Thursday, February 18, 2021

Don't Call It a Comeback

Every writer knows there comes a time when you feel cut off from your own ideas and you need a reset. For me, connecting with myself was just the thing I needed.

When I started this blog  in 2013, I would never have imagined that I would get writers block. My ideas seemed to to come from everywhere. As time went on my creative impulses continued, but the death of my grandmother in 2016 brought me to a screeching halt creatively and emotionally. I carried on with my job and professional pursuits, but writing the blog became difficult. This was partly because my grandmother was the inspiration behind it. It was here emphasis on social graces and etiquette that made me want to add a modern spin to the lessons that she'd taught me.

As tumultuous  and unpredictable as 2020 was, I am grateful for the pause that it forced me to take. I was forced to take inventory of my life and relationships. Little by little, I felt flickers of ideas develop into a full blown yearning to write again.



Why write all of this? Simple. I am writing to say, sometimes you need a break from things that you care about before you burn out and  resent them. That being said I will be posting much more frequently. I missed writing this blog and I especially missed those who took the time to  read and comment.

It's a new year and I have quite a bit to say. I'm excited for you to read it, but most importantly, I'm excited to write it.


No comments:

Post a Comment